Thursday, January 11, 2007

Security Now Podcasts

A co-worker turned me on to Security Now, a podcast about Internet Security by Leo Laporte and mastermind Steve Gibson. It's not only fairly entertaining (although I know people who would beg to differ), but also VERY informative and for me, inspirational. So inspirational, in fact, that I have begun tinkering with my own home network - mainly just setting up a VPN at this point - but as time (and money) allows I will build a massively huge network. I even picked up some information that I have been able to use at work dealing with public and private key encryption and certificates. They cover a variety of topics including (but in no way limited to) encryption, VPNs, SSL, routers (wired and wireless), hubs, switches, malware, spyware, rootkits, etc., etc. If you are famliar with Steve Gibson then his reputation should speak for himself, if you have not then give them a listen and let me know what you think.

No comments: