Sunday, January 7, 2007

Purpose and Direction - Current Projects

The purpose of this blog is to explore new technology, and sometimes revisit the established, and share the knowledge I gain from those experiences. There are a couple of projects that I'm currently working on:

Setting up a secure VPN into my home network. I'm trying to do this using two Linksys routers, and a box running XP Pro.

Setup a file and a printer share on my home network. The main computer, in the office is running XP Pro, and the laptop I want to grant access to is running Vista Business. I have done this using 2 XP Pro machines, but not one XP Pro and one Vista. I'm sure this would be much easier if I installed Vista on both machines, but alas! I do not have enough licensed copies, one day, I will purchase an MSDN subscription and have access to all the goodies.